Black Hole Hood
– Gold – Home Interior Products – International Design Awards (IDA) 2017
– Gold – Home Interior Products/ Kitchen Furniture – International Design Awards (IDA) 2017
– Emerging Product Designer of the Year 2017 – International Design Awards (IDA) 2017
– Silver – A’ design award and competition 2017-18
– Bronze – European Product Design Award (EPDA) 2019
This product inspired by black hole and worm hole concept that makes connection between two points of places (vacuums the smoke from inside to out space).
Unique properties/ Project description:
This Hood designed by inspiring by Black Hole and Worm Hole makes the product beautiful and modern form, that’s all causing emotional feelings and affordable. It makes emotional moments and its usage is easy while cooking. It’s is light and easy to install.
This product designed for island kitchens and has easy installation and usage. You can use the BlackHole Hood by touching buttons on the glass and having power feeling because it comes from worm hole and black hole concept.
Elham Mirzapour wants to have emotional and power feeling in the same time on this product. So she starts searching about powerful vacuum concepts, and she found the black hole, and after that the worm hole. Then Elham Mirzapour realizes the geometry of them in so minimal that she can make an emotional form of them.
According to the results of research part, Elham Mirzapour designed the BlackHole Hood that makes vacuum power feeling and emotional usage in a modern, minimal and emotional form. This product is affordable because it has mental image and usage story for users.